Thank you for curbing the number of arrivals to the Amami Islands to save the local people and yourself.
Given their remote location, the healthcare system of the Amami Islands is less equipped than that of mainland of Japan.
So, if you develop COVID-19 while on the Islands, you will not be able to receive proper medical attention at the local hospitals.
Moreover, there are many aged people living on the Islands. If an outbreak of the disease were to happen on the Islands, the entire medical system may break down.
Currently, even those native to the Amami Islands and living outside of them are choosing not to return to their motherland for the time being.
It is important that island lovers like ourselves cooperate with local authorities to protect the Islands the outside disease now.
Our organization has also stopped visiting the Islands to minimize the risk of introducing the virus and will postpone all projects there for the foreseeable future.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
- The Amami Islands consist of 8 inhabited islands in Japan.
- The eight islands are Amami-Oshima Island, Kakeroma-jima Island, Uke-shima Island, Yoro-shima Island, Kikai-jima Island, Tokuno-shima Island, Okinoerabu-jima Island and Yoron-jima Island.
- They are located in the sea between mainland Kagoshima Prefecture and Okinawa-jima Island. From north to south, the islands span a distance of about 200 km.
- Their total area is about 1,200 km2.
- The biggest island of the group is Amami-Oshima Island, which has an area of about 712 km2 and appears quite large next to Okinawa-jima Island and Sado Island.
Please look at social media about our activities.
New arrival video
The list of our videos
- Yoron-jima Island： Your next holiday destination (English subtitles)
- Isla Yoron-jima： Tu próximo destino para tus vacaciones (subtítulos en español)
- Folk song：Waido-bushi (English subtitles) 4 K
- Canción folk：Waido-bushi (subtítulos en español) 4 K
- Folk song： Asabana (English subtitles) 4 K
- Canción folk： Asabana (subtítulos en español) 4 K
- Folk song：Ikyunna Kana (English subtitles) 4 K
- Canción folk：Ikyunna Kana (subtítulos en español) 4 K
- Tokuno-shima Island：Miyatobaru -Semi-natural salt pan- (English subtitles) 4 K
- Isla Tokuno-shima：Miyatobaru -la salina semi-natural- (subtítulos en español) 4 K
- Amami-Oshima Island：The natural mangrove forest (English subtitles)
- Amami-Oshima Island：How to make Kubiki Cha (Kubiki tea), (English subtitles)
- 島まるごと応援団の目指すところとは？ (narration in Japanese, Japanese subtitles)
- The purpose of "Save the islands for the children and the world" (narration in Japanese, English subtitles)
- El objetivo de "Salvar Las Islas para los niños y el mundo entero" (narration in Japanese, subtítulos en español)
- The current Situation and Issues in The Amami Islands (narration in English, Japanese subtitles)
- The current Situation and Issues in The Amami Islands (narration in English, subtítulos en español)